Marvel Movie Ranked worst to best. The pain of the Avengers end game is still real. There are some of those strong feelings too. I’m looking at you think Thor coming. So before Marvel closes the book on this chapter with Spider-Man far from home, let’s look back and work out exactly which one is best.
We’ve been on a journey over the past decade. The road hasn’t always been easy. With that in mind, then let’s get to it. This is every Marvel Cinematic Universe movie ranked from worst to best.
22. Thor The Dark World. It looked like great news when Game of Thrones director Alan Tyler replaced Kenneth Branagh with this sequel. But boy were we wrong. He fooled the dog world horribly though that is not without a haughty helping of studio interference too though Loki is great. Taylor’s vision became just too dull and too humourless missing the self-conscious companies that Browning used so well. No one really loves this movie and it is easy to say why.
21. Iron Man 2, As with the dark world Iron Man 2 has some good ideas like Tony pseudo-addiction and the downward spiral on Sam Rockwell’s excellent Justin Hammer. But it is as lost as the original is confident and focused. Downey Junior and Rockwell are great but Mickey Rourke’s Whiplash is not so right and the action is silly without the right balance of into cast chemistry that works so well elsewhere in the MCU.
20. The Incredible Hulk, The Incredible Hulk really isn’t as bad as it is often accused. which seems like an empty comment since it’s all the way down here. But still Ed Norton isn’t as good as a Bruce Banner as Mark Ruffalo. But he is still better than Eric Bana, and the story here is a lot more traditional than on Lee’s version. It has its moments but again studio meddling derailed it. It’s just a very obvious case of too many cooks and not all of them being quantified.
19. ant man and the wasp, Ant man on the wasp isn’t a bad film by any means. But it’s a bit partly because of its weird release placement. It would always be just an Avengers end game precursor for many people. It’s all a little mild even though the characters are excellent. The effects are solid and the performances full of the same charm as were in the original. More of the same it isn’t a negative but it is not so great compared to the others on this list.
18. Thor, it might rank pretty low but Thor is a fantastic movie. Thanks again. He’s bright in his eyes but theatricality and the perfect casting of both Tom Hiddleston and Chris Hemsworth. It is a far bigger success than it had any right to be Loki stands out a mile. But the story a blend of Norse mythology and Crocodile Dundee is what we stay for. Go bellow for full marvel movie ranked.
17. Iron Man, Luckily Jon Favreau on Kevin five guys could convince the studio that their judgment on the casting of Robert Downey Junior was wrong and that he was a perfect Tony Stark because without him on this movie there would be no MCU. Oh, the film is a vehicle for all D.J. to show off. But there is a strong enough story and enough conflict with Jeff Bridges Obadiah stain to add substance beneath the surface. This is the O.G. movie that started it all. So what can in your Marvel shrine and prize fight for its existence?
16. Captain America, the First Avenger despite how good it is to see the cap in the modern MCU era. It is a real shame we didn’t get to see more of him alongside the Howling Commandos beating up Nazis and Hydra because this the only MCU war movie is great stuff. Chris Evans is perfect. Sebastian Stan is great as a roguish bookie and Hugo Weaving A.k.a. El Ronde steals the show as the red school with a load of other fun stuff thrown into the mix too.
Marvel Movie Ranked Top 15
15. Captain Marvel, the characters in Captain Marvel are great. The performances particularly Brie Larson Samuel L. Jackson and Ben Mendelsohn are all wonderful and there is enough cat love in there. To sink a whole ship full of catnip and furry stuff. That good cats online. It’s tempting to judge the film purely on its political importance, which ranks it high in the MCU. But as a film on its own merits and to base it fairly in that respect it is about the level of the Phase 1 movie’s still superb. Give me more goose. But yet you couldn’t put it 50.
14. Dr Strange, Dr Strange feels like it’s making technology work at its limits and Scott Erickson’s horror background proves the right experience to exploring the sources reader elements it’s in the effects work and Benedict Cumberbatch his performance is strange. The film’s source most really and both are fantastic. MARTIN Mickelson’s villain isn’t great, but that’s a problem we’ve had before from MCU movies. so it is not fatal here.
13. Ant-man, Ryan jays one of the MCU uses the biggest surprise is considering the difficult production road it had on the way. Originally intended to be a non-MCU movie by Edgar Wright. The sticking point that ultimately cost him the job. It has only become a heist comedy when Peyton Reed came on board with his comedy experience and the charm of good old Paul Road and Michael Pena. It was a winner even before the impressive set pieces and strong history. Who doesn’t love a good dose of rude to make a movie work? No one.
12. Avengers Age of Ultron, even though it proved a difficult production for Joss Whedon. The Second Avengers movie is still hit a lot of high points. It already established MCU threats, in particular, Tony Stark spiral into guilt and introduced a story far more focused than the first Avengers movie was. James Spader as Ultron is a joy to watch. Introducing the twins and vision worked well and Hawkeye finally has time to do something.
11. Guardians of the Galaxy volume 2. There were lots of accusations that James Gunn’s follow up to the original Guardians of the Galaxy was a little too in love with itself to be a great movie. But the sequel is just as infectious as its predecessor its cocky and funny. Much like me. But it is massively heartfelt and convincing in its emotional stakes, and Kurt Russell’s ego is a good addition as the villain. The way you progressive, it should think Star-Lord, nebula and Gilmore in characterization 1 0 1.
Marvel Movie Ranked Top 10
10. Thor Ragnarok, despite the dramatic weight of the story takeover tells in Thor Ragnarok and of the major three comic book arcs. so it’s based upon he turned the colourful intergalactic romp into a joyful strange celebration of his own imagination. But it’s not just all silliness. There’s a serious look at those quests to feel worthy and it almost feels like a coming of age story with the great addition of a villain in Cate Blanchett hella.
9. black panther, considering the astronomical hype that met Black Panthers announcement. It looks incredible. Even with a few of the dodgy CGI bits, the character development is great and in Michael B. Jordan’s kill monger we have one of the true greats of comic book movie villains something the MCU doesn’t have a lot of. Are you liking marvel movie ranked?
8. Spider-Man Homecoming, Homecoming success came down to a few things. First, the exceptional casting of Tom Holland. Both the best Peter Parker and the best Spider-Man then a John Hughes inspired high school story and also Michael Keaton’s excellent Vulture. He immediately ranked as one of the top three villains into the entire MCU. when he debuted the film is charming and nostalgic and offers lots of promise. What will come next for the web-slinger.
7. Iron Man 3 in Shane Black’s hands, Iron Man 3 becomes a nostalgic swaggering buddy action movie with the chemistry between Iron Man and War Machine pushed far better than it had been before and stark struggles with PTSD adding an interesting and growing up undercurrent. The action is stellar. The story was excellent though the sidelining of my answer was a little unfair. And the writing smart I know the twist wasn’t rubbish at all it was good it was. It was interesting. Did you see it coming?
Marvel Movie Ranked Top 6
6. The Avengers, with huge expectations on the first team up, Joe Sweeden proved himself that he is more than capable of the job. This restraint in using Loki as the main villain. Allowing the Avengers in the space to grow as a team was an inspired move. Crucially, we didn’t convince everyone that there was a justification for the Avengers existing without a cartoonist villain. while the third introduction of the jittery was a little. even the film is the perfect blend of spectacle and depth the otherwise. So how was the marvel movie ranked so far?
5. Avengers Endgame after eleven years we finally got the white-hot hyped pay off to the infinity saga in the shape of vengeance endgame which is a triumph of spectacle and emotional storytelling that still has smaller moments for its key characters. It’s not perfect, but it is the perfect way to end that story and the stories of Iron Man and Captain America. And every single complaint has a justification or an answer in how entertaining the whole thing gets. It’s good. Go watch it.
4. Captain America The Winter Soldier, the Russo’s at this point turned Captain America sequel Into the 1970s like political intrigue movie. Dealing in espionage, surveillance, state anxiety and introducing the definitive idea of super registration to the MCU in a big way. Even with those big ideas on the show, the success of the sequel boils down to something more personal. The conflict between two childhood best friends really makes it best.
Marvel Movie Ranked Top 3
3. Guardians of the Galaxy. It might have been a strange prospect but thanks in part to exceptional casting and incredible marketing. James Gunn laughed in the face of suggestions that audiences would need to know the team first to Cannes. He built a story about old bulls and rejects coming together for the greater good but still committing themselves to being assholes which are impossible not to fall in love with. My personal favourite MCU movie and an absolute banger of a film. If you don’t love this one, you can at the least respect it soundtrack. That’s all you got to do.
2. Captain America Civil War genius Lee. The Roosters took something as big as superhero registration and made it only a vehicle for a portrayal of the dynamic between four men. This might be a big story, but what matters is the personal conflict between cap and bookie. Cap and Iron Man, iron man and bookie and all three Zima. There are huge fan service moments. Great character introductions and that ever lived in spectacle, but the intimacy of the writing really sets it apart. You are at the last of marvel movie ranked.
1. Avengers Infinity War. And finally, it is Infinity War all that takes a grind the Russo’s achieved the unthinkable with this super injecting the pillars of the MCU wrapping up 10 years of storytelling in an organic entertaining matter and offering some franchise’s best moments. It’s not as tied to the story as the Winter Soldier or civil war could argue, but the spectacle here is amazing. I think with the judge movies on the way they make us feel that an Infinity War wins by a country mile for devastating our insides like a bad taco bell.
And that’s the list. hope you liked the marvel movie ranked. How would you rank the MCU films really so far? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.